Sunday night, the Interfaith Council will be hosting our Annual Meeting at 6:00 pm at Concord United Methodist Church (1645 West Street, Concord – between Clayton Rd. and Concord Blvd.).
This is another opportunity to gather together to celebrate the wonderful work we do together and hear reports from our many projects. We will also have an opportunity to dialogue around our tables as we share in the always diverse and tasty foods shared with the potluck meal we all share in bringing.
I hope you will consider inviting a friend from your congregation to joins us for this meaningful Annual Meeting as we get to hear the good work of those in our diverse communities.
We will be honoring those who have served on our Elected Council who are terming off the Council. We thank these Interfaith saints who have served so well:
- Rev. Leslie Takahashi, Mount Diablo Unitarian Universalist Church, Walnut Creek
- Darlene Cioffi-Pangilla, Buddha Gate Monastery
- Gwen Watson, SOJA and Christ the King Parish, Pleasant Hill
- Brent and Drena Halverson, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Oakland Stake
We will be electing new members of the Elected Council from a slate put together from our Nominating Committee. New nominees include:
- Rev. Hubert Ivery, Orinda United Methodist Church
- Mary Lee Dodd, Crisis Response Team, St. Luke’s Episcopal Rossmoor
- Peter Brooks, Sufism Reoriented, White Pony Express, Walnut Creek
- Rev. Caroline Knowles, Unitarian Universalist Church, Berkeley, Chaplaincy Team
- Evelyn & Stuart Candland, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Oakland Stake
Please plan what gifts you will bring to the dinner. Will you bring a dish from your culture or tradition? Can you share a description of your tasty specialty or a prayer that has ties to your faith or festivals? Is your congregation able to share a financial gift with the Council to support our common ministry? (Yes, there will be opportunities to give to the work of the council.)
Can your congregation help supply some of the needs of our Winter Night’s Shelter? (See needs below.) How can you participate more fully in the Singing Messengers, Dr. Tinsley’s ministry at the Juvenile Detention facilities, the Social Justice Alliance, Interfaith programs and education, the Youth and Young Adult Leadership Initiative, Health and Faith in Action and the increasing advocacy of the broader Multi-Faith ACTION Coalition.
Winter Nights Wish List
- Gas cards
- Wal-Mart or Target gift cards
- Deodorant (men’s and women’s)
- Lysol or Clorox wipes
- Socks (all sizes: infants, toddlers, children, adults)
- Baby wipes
- Extra batteries (every kind)
To download the flyer, go here.
“We Belong to Each Other.”
Shalom, Peace, Salaam, Om Shanti, Solh, Amani, Paz, 평화, Ping On…