Will you partner with the Interfaith Council of Contra Costa County
(ICCCC) to accomplish our dream of Interfaith Peace!!
Click here to access the Interfaith Action for Peace website to support us on Giving Tuesday!
“No peace in the world without peace among religions. No peace among religions without dialogue.” – Hans Kung, 1993 Parliament of World’s Religions
We are living in a world where religion and faith have been used to promote hate and violence. Unfortunately the recent events around the country show that much work is still needed to make interfaith harmony a reality. We strongly believe that our faiths can be a source of unity and can help to achieve peace.
A Fall Appeal letter has been sent to your congregation and to our mailing list of generous supporters! You as an individual can mail in your support or you can follow this link to help us in our #GivingTuesday Campaign:
You can be a part of making Interfaith peace a reality by supporting our programs. We appreciate your support.
Your contribution of $50.00 or more will help support:
1. An Interfaith Ring of Solidarity to support a faith community under an attack of intolerance; or
2. An Interfaith Rapid Response to media to educate and support Interfaith respect and understanding; or
3. A Seminar or Gathering on Interfaith concerns to build dialogue and service.
1. An Interfaith Ring of Solidarity around a Community of Faith in Need of Support:
We will gather members from our 106 diverse congregations and other Interfaith communities to show our support for communities, churches, synagogues, temples and other places of worship or for people of faith that are under attacks of intolerance to show that we will be there to protect their right to freedom of religious practices and to promote respectful dialogue and understanding. An example is our recent Ring of Solidarity we formed around the Islamic Center of San Ramon Valley to support their members in this time of Islamophobia.
2. An Interfaith Rapid Response to our Media and Governmental Bodies to Acts of Religious Intolerance and Violence:
In a non-denominational and non-political format, we will release statements through our Interfaith Rapid Response team to media and governmental bodies to encourage them to always promote religious tolerance, peace, respect and understanding among the faith communities.
|Interfaith Climate Action Network Leadership
3. Interfaith Programs and Gatherings: “Lunch and Learn”, Interfaith Speakers Bureau, Interfaith Concerts: Peace in action through interfaith programs where speakers from various faiths enter into dialogue on the values and traditions of their faith. We provide potential speakers on interfaith topics. We hold concerts as an expression of the wonderful diversity and musical gifts in our faith traditions.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can.” – Dr. Martin Luther King
YOU can become a Ring of Solidarity Supporter at $50, a Bridge Builder at $100, a Peacemaker at $500 or a Tree of Hope at $1000 by supporting our Interfaith efforts to promote respectful dialogue and understanding among our communities and the world.
“Envisioning a World of Interfaith Peace.”
Shalom, Peace, Salaam, Om Shanti, Solh, Amani, Paz, 평화, Ping On…
Rev. Will McGarvey
Interfaith Council of Contra Costa County