Ramadan Iftars in the East Bay
+++ Ramadan Iftar at the Islamic Center of the East Bay
Saturday, July 19th at 8:15 pm
311 W 19th St., Antioch
Join ICEB and members of the Interfaith community in breaking the fast together. Please RSVP by emailing here.
+++ The Islamic Center of Walnut Creek
(2449 Buena Vista Avenue in Walnut Creek) welcomes the members of the Interfaith Council to join the iftar (breaking the fast) at sunset (8:28) on Sunday, July 20. After the call for prayers there will light snack, then the prayers, and breaking the fast. Please let Council member Dr. Amer Araim know how many members will attend at Amer Araim.
+++ The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Silicon Valley
Saturday, July 26, 2014 @ 7:00PM
Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Baitul Baseer Mosque
926 Evans Road, Milpitas
In the month of Ramadhan, Muslims around the world abstain from food and drink from dawn to sunset and increase focus on worship, charity and human welfare. This is all in an effort to strengthen their relationship with God. This Ramadhan celebration dinner is a wonderful time for the community at large to come together and have a discussion about the significance of this month to Muslims around the world.
RSVP: Please RSVP by clicking here
- Holy Quran: The holy book of Muslims, who believe it is the word of God.
- Iftaar: The evening meal during which Muslims break the fast, occurring at sunset.
- Islam: The religion brought by the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
- Muslims: Followers of Islam.
- Ramadhan: Holy month in which Muslims fast from dawn to sunset and put special emphasis on abstaining from all vices. It is the ninth month in the Islamic calendar, and lasts for 29 or 30 days.