ICCCC Seeking: Executive Director
Interfaith Council of Contra Costa County
The mission of the Interfaith Council of Contra Costa County is encapsulated in this statement: “We as people from a diversity of religions, spiritual traditions and sectors of society, gather to manifest our unity as we promote the spirit of community, service and cooperation through the work of the Interfaith Council.” We are a membership organization comprised of 105 member congregations and affiliate organizations working to create a multi-faith conversation on important issues facing us as individuals and as a society.
We are seeking a part-time Executive Director to work 15 hours a week to serve as the representative and facilitator of the organization. This position requires and individual seasoned in interfaith work and a religious professional is preferred.
Role of the executive director
For this position, we seek a professional clergyperson or chaplain (or someone with comparable experience) who can perform the following duties:
- Facilitator of the mission, vision and values of the organization
- Spokesperson and representative for the Interfaith Council of Contra Costa County
- Supervisors staff and key volunteers, including consulting with Winter Nights program staff
- Building and facilitating connections between faiths in partnership with regional councils and structures
The following skills will be necessary for the successful candidate, including:
- Confidence and facility with multi-faith dialogue
- Public speaking
- Administration skills
- Conflict resolution
- Prior experience in interfaith activities
- Conversant in communications technologies, social media
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter explaining your qualifications for the job, salary requirements and the names and contact information for three references by July 31 to ICCCCsearches@gmail.com. No phone calls please.
Timeline for Search
Begin search June 10
Application deadline July 22
Preliminary screening August 1-3
Interviews Second half of August
Candidate to the Board September 5